Sunday, September 13, 2015

Dear Dad,

I know, I know...I'm a couple days late.  Even though I enjoy it, I find it very hard to sit down and write these days.  Also, well Dad, I owe you an apology.  I almost forgot.  It wasn't until I was sitting in a meeting on Friday that I realized what the date was. Usually at some point I can see this day coming up on the calendar.  Then again...you didn't really give me a "reminder" this year.  It's been a while since you've come to visit.

It's been a challenging year.  I thought I had hit my stride again and then WHAMMO.  I had to start all over again.  It's good though; I made it through and I think I'm doing pretty well for myself.  I finally graduated from college with honors, moved to a quiet and wonderful neighborhood; I found an awesome new job with so much opportunity to learn and grow and I've met some amazing people and made some fantastic friends in the process.

But I do miss you, still.  I'm getting better at handling change, but it would be so much easier if you were here.  To sit down over a cup of coffee...do you realize that we never had the chance to do that?  Thinking back, we never did really "chat." I was too much of a teenager I guess.  HAHA! Though now that I think of it, I don't think I'm much of a chatterbox anyway!

Once again I find myself at a loss of words, so I'll cut this short.  I hope Rex is well and fitting in with everyone, I'm sure you've been taking good care of him.  Please give him a hug and scratch behind his ears for us.  Tell him Sampson is doing well and is taking very good care of me. He saved my life this year; Rex taught him well!

Until next year.
Don't be a stranger; let me know you're still watching over.

Love you, miss you,
Me


No comments: