Sunday, September 11, 2016

Dear Dad,

Oh, this day.  Such a loaded, emotional day in so many ways.  But, it's also a day that I get to talk to you so that makes it a little better.  I only wish we could do it over a cup of coffee.

It is hard to imagine that it's been 25 years since I last saw you.  It was a day that started just like any other but ended with your last breath.  I spent years wondering what would be different; how I would be different.  Where would I be.  I know now that it doesn't matter because I'm here, now.  And as much as I'd like to take an eraser and rewrite yesteryear.  I can't.  So, Dad, how do I write my tomorrow?

I've been doing well, having more good days than bad; but it's been a struggle as of late.  It's times and days like these a little girl could really use a hug from her dad.  But there is no time for boo-hoo's, right?  It's time to figure out what's next.

I was going through an old picture box a few months ago and found a picture of you and Mom from our trip to the Bahamas.  You two had such smiles on your faces!  I loved it so much I framed it and put it where I can see it always.  I don't have a lot of memories, but some of my favorite ones are ones with you.  I only wish we had more time to have made some more.

There I go....wishing again.

So, before the waterworks start, I'm going to say goodbye for now.  I only ask you watch over me.  I have some decisions to make and could use a little fatherly help.

Give Rex a hug and kiss for me.  I do miss my old man.

Love you, miss you,
Me


No comments: