Friday, April 1, 2016

That's Just Hope

Words sometimes just come out of my mouth with no apparent relevance to anything.  Sometimes they are thought provoking and sometimes they definitely are not.  Sometimes they are intelligent and sometimes they reveal my naiveté.  But one thing is for sure, they will usually make you shake your head.  I seem to have that effect on people.  An old friend once told me that if I were to have a t.v. show, it would be along the lines of "Seinfeld" and it should be named "That's Just Hope."

I haven't been writing (obviously) which makes me sad (tear).  Honestly, I haven't had much to write about.  There hasn't been any focus, just a bunch of randomness.  Luckily for the interwebs I'm really good at random, so I thought I'd write a random post.

I know.  Genius.

So, here are some random thoughts and things that have happened in the past few days.  In no particular order because...well...it's random.
When walking to the grocery store, it is very important to remember that you have to carry back everything you buy.
It doesn't matter which floor is my destination, when that elevator bell dings and those doors open; I walk right on out like a boss....then turn right back around.
Can someone please explain to me how putting the peanut butter in the soft drink aisle makes sense? 
Dear Trail Mix Mixers:  To claim your mix as a Tropical Blend, you really should include more than one tiny pineapple wedge.  And maybe throw some shredded coconut in there.... 
Sometimes I feel like a Mini Cooper in a lot full of Lamborghinis. 
I have rediscovered my like for Cadbury eggs. 
I have this strange feeling that I'm running out of time. It's like a little rain cloud following me around and every once in awhile, usually when I'm happy and smiling and well, just being me; it shoots out a little lightning bolt and gooses me right in the ass to serve as a little reminder that it's still there. 
My dog likes to poop as close to the road as possible, during rush hour, and it's embarrassing as all get out. 
When running and cycling groups post "all levels, all paces welcome," do they REALLY mean it??   
Sometimes it's VERY difficult to live across the street from Fuel Pizza.
Somehow Adele has infiltrated ALL of my Pandora stations.
And that my friends, is a wrap.
And for all of our sakes, hopefully I'll come up with some ideas for better posts.
Suggestions welcome!



1 comment:

David in Brevard said...

Wonderful post - love your writing. I have missed it.