Tuesday, June 28, 2011

And the countdown begins

Finally got an official diagnosis.  Turns out it was a stress fracture.  I've been in a boot for the past week....only three more to go.

Now what?  Well, I've been taking count of the things that we take for granted.
1)  walking normal.
2)  not sounding like a creepy murderer with a peg leg in a horror flick.
3)  moving our feet up and down at the ankle joint.
4) wearing pants so I don't have to shave my legs.
5) walking barefoot.
6) running.

I miss it.  I really do.  I'm scared that when I'm healed, that I'll do it again.  Which makes me wonder if I shouldn't be exercising/running under some kind of supervision, be it a group or a trainer, someone to notice things that I don't know enough to notice yet.

Regardless, I'm still looking ahead, hoping I can train for the 10K in September.  Hoping that I have it in me to get up off my butt again.  I did it once, can I do it again?  Do I have the will and the strength?  It's so easy to fall back into bad habits, which I'm already starting to do.  Time will tell, I guess.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: