Monday, July 9, 2012

Some reflections

So much to say about the race and running, but I'll save that for another post.

Right now, as I sit at the airport waiting on my flight back, my head and heart are filled with thoughts and emotions.

I love my southern home and the life I've made there. But there is something about where you grew up and where your family is. My mother may not live in the same house she did, or even in the same town, but that area in Central New York will always be home. With every trip back, I am reminded of just how special it is, how important my family is to me......and just how much I miss, all the dance recitals, soccer games, band concerts, track meets, sewing classes, canning sessions, cookie making days, sending my nieces and nephews off to their first prom. I've missed so much of my family's lives, and I continue to do so.

I do love my southern home. But sometimes a girl needs her mommy, her big brother and big sister. Her people.

I love each of you very very much. I miss you terribly and think of you every day.

No comments: