Sunday, June 1, 2014

T - Minus 7

Here I am.
10:45pm and I'm at the computer.  Thinking.
Reflecting on my last training weekend before my 1st attempt at a 70.3.

I had some successes.  I had some set backs.

A lot can happen in a weekend.  Hell.  A lot can happen in a blink of an eye.

But, in summary, this is what I learned from this weekend of training that can apply to almost every aspect of your life.

Boom.  That just happened.
I just got all philosophical on your ass.

  • make sure you eat.  food is fuel.
  • water is your friend, whether drinking it or swimming in it.
  • in high school, my friends always said that they knew that when I got quiet was when folks needed to watch out.  I have a fuse that burns pretty long, but when it burns out to watch out.  Just like my daddy.  Well folks, I'm starting to get quiet...
  • Life is too damn short.  Do what makes you feel good.  If you want to run, run.  If you want to laugh, laugh.  If you want to kiss someone, than do it.  you never know what tomorrow will bring.
  • falling hurts, so stop doing it.  (especially when in the road and cars are coming.)
  • just breath, keep your head down and keep moving forward.
  • nothing is worth doing unless you're enjoying it and having fun.
  • If something or someone makes you feel bad.  Stop doing/interacting.  2nd hand toxicity is a common symptom of self destruction.  (Yes, I completely just made that up but it sounds pretty accurate)
  • The lifestyle you lead is the attitude you embrace.


70.3

7 days.

I won't be the fastest
I won't be coolest

What I will be is my own kind of awesome.

Feel Free.  Be Strong.   Be Me.
and that my friends, is all I can really do.

Now go, and be your own awesome.






No comments: