Friday, November 21, 2014

3 Weeks In!

Well folks, I'm about three weeks into post-knife training.  It really is amazing how fast you lose it...not that I really had that much to lose haha!

I was in computrainer earlier this week and I was killing it! Or at least I thought I was until I looked up and saw the pitiful example of watts I was putting out.  I really just had to shake my head and laugh.  A "WTF" or two may have escaped as well, but I assure you they were good hearted WTFs.

No, this is not me.
My toe stand is much more
entertaining.
It can get a little frustrating, I won't lie.  I say at least once a day, "I can't wait to get my legs back" or "I'd like to regain at least 2 of my 4pk" or "What the hell happened to my lungs?"  As frustrating as it is, it's fun at the same time.  I really am having a blast.  It's a little liberating starting back at square one.  It's like a whole new adventure and I keep surprising myself; trying things I wouldn't normally do and doing things I didn't think I could.
Things like this ------------------->

Now, mine doesn't quite look like this, but I think I am almost there.  I just need to get one more hand up off the floor
And then there is that whole getting-back-up part....

It's not sustainable yet, but it looks like I may have gained a little speed somewhere along the way.  I see glimpses of it in my run/walk intervals Coach Sarah has had me doing.  Now, if I could just run a mile without stopping......

We'll see what I can sustain.  My first "race" back is the last race in the Summit Racing Series this Saturday night, the Twilight 5K benefiting Movember.  I'd say I'm firing at about 85% right now, so this will be a nice gauge of what I'm able to do, or not do, whatever the case may be.

What I'm really excited about?  Papi Queso Food Truck will be there grilling up thee most remarkable specimens of grilled cheese sandwiches known to man.

Oh, and truffle chips.
Can't forget about the truffle chips.
Almost as good as tater tots.
Almost.

No comments: