Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Words for Wednesday


I was talking to my brother on the phone on Monday night, recapping our respective races over the weekend, which was a little weird and cool all at the same time.  You see, I was extremely sedentary up until about four or so years ago when I made some lifestyle changes, lost quite a bit of weight, began running which eventually led me to my triathlon adventure.

It happened to Jenn, my sister-in-law, too.  Then my niece, Jordyn, and now my big brother, Les.  My nephew, Adam, was already a runner; but he's joined in the family too.  This past weekend, Jenn did her first sprint triathlon while Les and Adam joined Jenn's swim coach for some relay fun; Les on two wheels and Adam on two feet.

So there we were chatting; sharing moments, sharing the sport, sharing the experience even though we were 300 miles apart.  It was a special moment.

And then he said it.... "the health bug....it's more like a virus." And then we both got a good chuckle out of it.

But think about it, diverging from the negative connotation.  He's not too far off.  Quoting from a wiki page, "a virus is a small infectious agent that replicates only inside the living cells of other organisms."  Quoting from my dictionary app, a virus can be "an infecting influence."

How strange and fitting that the following came up on my quotes app this morning....on a Wednesday even...go figure.
(Looks like the Universe might be telling me to get my fingers back on the keyboard?!)

"A healthy attitude is contagious but don't wait to catch it from others.  Be a carrier."

- Tom Stoppard
British playwright



No comments: