Monday, September 5, 2011

Progress Update

So.  Today marks the third week back to running after that pesky little injury.  I had a nice 4 miler on Saturday morning.  North Carolina is still a little muggy, but it was a pretty day in the Piedmont.  I'm not one for personal photo ops, but I recognize that they add a little somethin' somethin' (and I'm secretly beginning to like it but don't tell anyone).  So I may look it, but I'm really not in pain.  My hand was all sweaty and almost dropped my phone.

Today?  I'm up to 4.5 this morning! (and the crowds roar with applause and cheers).  The goal?  To run this dag nabit 10K next Saturday slow, steady, healthy and happy.  Feeling pretty good people, feeling pretty good!

Now...it's possible that I may have picked up (I hope) a few readers over from the Do Lifers (LOVE THEM) on Facebook.  Which would really help since I feel like I'm talking to myself all the time....

So, I'd like to take a moment to say: Welcome, laugh, tell me I'm dork, laugh more, and let us all Do Life together...because THAT my friends, is what it's about, don't you think?

Today I leave you with my Top 5 random thoughts (in no particular order)

  1. Tornado warnings are interesting on a college campus.
  2. Do those Tempur-Pedic pillows really help? 
  3. Stability balls are still dangerous.
  4. Did you know that you can make clothes out of thread recycled from plastic bottles?  
  5. I love Jelly Belly Jelly Beans.  (citrus mix to be 100% exact in case you wanted to send some)


TTFN!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your progress! I know you're going to do great at the 10k! I just ran the Yiasou Greek Festival 5k last weekend and it was my first. A 10k is my next goal!

Hope said...

Midassa, are you here near Charlotte? AWESOME! Congrats on your first 5K! I've only done two races so far here in town. Next Saturday at the Run for Green will be my third...but it is addicting, isn't it?? There is a 5K too if you want to run!