Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Time flies...

Wait...wasn't it just August?

Holy cow how time is flying.  I can't believe it is already October.  I can't  believe it's already mid-terms at school.  I can't believe it's only 50F outside and the leaves are starting to turn.  I can't believe it's almost time for our annual fall beach trip.  I can't believe Christmas is only two months away.  As each day's twenty-four hours goes by faster than the day before, it's time to take stock of what we've done before we lose track of what we've accomplished.  Get out a  pen and paper and write down the littlest of victories and the biggest of goals you've achieved in the last two months.  I'll do mine here, in no particular order:

  1. I recovered from my injury and started back to the gym.
  2. I paid my fall semester tuition.
  3. I started my running back at a half mile and increased my mileage to 6.2 in 3 weeks.
  4. I ran my first 10K at a pace faster than my last 5K.
  5. I started to learn how to swim.
  6. I can throw caution to the wind and wear a bathing suit in semi-public.
  7. I quit smoking.  (2 months ago as of October 4)
  8. I've been able to drink 80oz of water in one day.
  9. I've been able to go tinkle 80 times in one day (yes, slight exaggeration, but not much of one)
  10. I haven't had a piece of pizza.
  11. I survived mid-terms.
I think that's about it.  Not a bad two months!  I think you'll find that you'll be pleased with your results too.  Just remember, it's not always about the big things.  You need to take pride in the little things too, 'cause boy do they add up!

Time to hit the hay.  I've got a strength workout in the morning and I'm going to REALLY TRY to do my run in the afternoon.  I have a hill workout planned, and it's way to dark to do it in the morning.  Cross your fingers for me.  There is a reason I do my workouts in the morning...once that clock strikes 5:00 p.m., it's quittin' time!

TTFN!!

No comments: