Thursday, November 10, 2011

Struggling

It's amazing, really.  I've seen myself change, improve, over the course of only a few months.  I can't express how pleased I am with my own progress. I became stronger, trimmer, faster......happier.  And now, I have to admit to you all that I have not continued with my pursuit of health and happiness.  My journey of re-discovery has come to a screeching halt.

About 3 weeks ago, I came down with a simple head cold.  No bother, I thought.  I'll be better in a few days.  The following week, it got worse and to add to it, I was on vacation.  Those are two big strikes against what little motivation I had.  This week...week #3, I'm still sitting on my butt.  So, what's my problem?

I'm struggling.  I'm struggling to get back into it.  I'm struggling to find joy in anything, let alone getting up at 5am for a strength workout or a speed run.  I'm struggling.  I'm scared.  I don't want to revert back to who I was, because I was really beginning to like, no, love, who I was becoming.

So how.  How do I find it in me?  How do I start back?

Scary times, folks.  Scary times.

2 comments:

The Eaglemingo's Roost said...

You get up at 5:30 and just do it. But who am I to give advice? Or, you can do just what your sister does, and give up. But a warning... you do that and you'll be a 44 y/o 200 lb woman with grey hair and all that comes with it.

Randall Mardus said...

How do you do it again? You do it once. Then you do it again. Then you do it again. And then you do it again. And then know what you do? You do it again. Just like you've done before...to great success. Because how awesome does it feel to hear someone say, "You look great!" and to respond, "I feel great!" So do it once. And then do it again.