Monday, April 2, 2012

A Biking Adventure Hunger Games Style

Well, kinda.

While the world was heading to the theater for opening weekend of The Hunger Games, hubby and I packed up the jeep and headed west to meet up with some friends of ours.  Our final destination?  DuPont State Forest.  What I didn't know at the time was that DuPont was one of the filming locations of The Hunger Games.  So, I guess in essence, I got to be a part of opening weekend too! (Though I STILL REALLY WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE...just sayin')

Now, if you look at the sub-line of my blog title, it says "a chronicle of mis-adventure on the trail, lake....and the road."  I've done a pretty good job with "the road" part, but I've been remiss at the trail and lake.  So, I bring to you my first biking adventure.  No technical trails, thank goodness, because it was all I could do to stay on the darn thing as it was.  

This is me.
I would say, "safety first" with my helmet
and protective eye gear , but I am on an air strip.

"Hmm, what does this do?"

We found plenty of little gems like this! 


"Look Ma, no hands!"


This is me, doing my 'Vanna White' interpretation.

My shadow says hello!










Me, pretending to be all triumphant-like after this 15 mile excursion
when all the while my quads are FREAKING BURNING.



Then, the following day, we took a little jaunt to Rainbow Falls in Gorges State Park.


Dueling Cameras!
Hence the name, Rainbow Falls.
I know, I'm a genius.

 


And there you have it.  Cheers!

May the odds be ever in your favor.

p.s.  I'm Team Peeta, by the way : )

No comments: