Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Random Thoughts going into Richmond

With Richmond Marathon in 4 days, I decided to share some thoughts that are going through this runner's mind.

  • So Hungry
  • Wine may not be the best way to hydrate.
  • 26 miles.  It's all fun and games until the last 4.
  • I am stalking Weather.com
  • And I thought 3 miles of tempo work was hard....
  • So Hungry
  • I haven't found the perfect mantra just yet.
  • I think I'm in denial.
  • My Sharpie is packed.
  • I'm a little curious about the Junk Food Stop.
  • It feels weird to not swim this week.
  • Something tells me I should cherish this no-swim week.
  • So Hungry
  • I still haven't picked out my outfit.  
  • I do have my socks chosen.  So that's a plus.
  • The thought of taking 7 gels kinda makes me gag.
  • My gut tells me I will soon be reminded how much it hurt.
  • My gut will soon tell me it doesn't like it when I consume 7 gels.
  • Yup. Still in denial.
  • I need fried pickles.

4 days.

Party on, Garth.

p.s.
See shameless fundraising plug here:  
https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/running-for-chiari-when-every-minute-counts/69303




No comments: