Friday, March 21, 2014

Song for the Week

I've been struggling to find a song for the week.  On my short drive to work this morning, I heard one song and thought...dang it I'm hearing this a lot this week....

DING DING DING

The past week or so, a common theme has popped up time and time again.  Do you keep going, keep trying, or do you give up and stand on the sidelines.  Personally speaking, I put my trust into one man who happened to not be a very good steward of it.  For months I had been struggling with the decision to shut down and put up that giant wall to keep everyone out.  I'm talking about EVERYONE...family, friends...everyone.

But to stay true to myself?  That's just not who I am.  I invite people in, because honestly what is this life if you can't share it?  I can't be afraid of failure anymore, because I'm learning that there is no such thing as failure.  I need to keep trying, keep living.  Also, I've recently seen some friends struggle with some missed goals and chipped dreams.  And some even threatened to stop, to quit.  Why, because you failed?  NO! There is no such thing as failure.  And chipped dreams only make their fulfillment even sweeter.  So keep trying, keep living.

The refrain is what resonated with me and how it is applicable to so many different aspects of our lives. So, no matter what you might be going through, emotionally, physically, mentally...today I bring you an excerpt from another song by P!nk.    


P!nk, The Truth About Love (2012)

Where there is desire
There is gonna be a flame
Where there is a flame
Someone's bound to get burned
But just because it burns
Doesn't mean you're gonna die
You've gotta get up and try, and try, and try
Gotta get up and try, and try, and try
You gotta get up and try, and try, and try





No comments: