Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Go Big or Go Home - LKN Triathlon 2014 Preview

This is it.  This weekend will be my last tri of the season.  Thelma is just beside herself; almost inconsolable.  I know, I know, but do your best to hold back your tears...

Enough of that.  Now to task.
If you will allow me, I'm just going to speak quite frankly.

Last year, I pretty much sucked.  Yes.  That is the truth and do not argue with me.  In most of the triathlons I've done, I've played it safe; slow and steady and had my eyes only on finishing.

Do you know what I say to that right now?
Screw that.

I'm employing a new race strategy.
Instead of safe, we're going balls to the wall.  Well, figuratively speaking since I am female.....

Balls to the wall, people.

Swim:
Grab the water.  High elbows.  Use the water for all it's worth and make that lake my bitch.

T1: 
Run, even if snot is coming out of my nose.  No happy celebratory I-survived-the-swim pictures.  Ain't got time for that.

Bike:
Watch out....Thelma's hungry.

T2:
Get the hell out of Dodge.

Run:
I can breathe when I'm done.

I'm not quite sure how it's all going to shake out, but at least I will know I will have left everything I had out there.  And that, my friends, is my goal.
To give it everything I've got.

Game face engaged.

Go big or go home.





No comments: