Tuesday, August 5, 2014

It's all in how ya spin it....

I miss writing.  I do.  Truthfully, I've been at a loss of what on earth I could write about.  I've been happy as a little clam; workin', trainin' and socializin'!  I don't really even have anything sarcastic to say in my own witty way.  So what on earth is a girl to do?

I brought this dilemma up after a somewhat awful long run two weeks ago.  The suggestion was made for me to write about how I bonked.

Gee, thanks.
But he was right.  I did.  And I should write about it.

Bonking sucks.....especially when you DO THE SAME FREAKING THING ON YOUR NEXT LONG RUN THE FOLLOWING WEEK!!!!

So, I'm asking myself, "self?  what the hell are you going to do about it?"  Well, I don't quite have the answer to all of it, but I will tell you one thing I need to do....change my damn attitude, that's what!

I won't lie, I've been getting a bit down on myself and frustrated about it.
And then I happened upon a blog post I wrote last year.  I know people say you shouldn't look back, but dammit sometimes you need these little reminders on just how far you've come.

I read that post and I tried to find a run from the same time last year to compare to this year....
I couldn't find one.  Why?  because I'm running longer and sooner that I was last year, training for a marathon that happened around the same time frame.  Hmmm what does that tell me?  I may still be chasing my Boilermaker goal of 1:20, but I came a heck of a lot closer this year than I did last year.  Hmmm what does that tell me?

It tells me that even though I don't feel it right now, the proof is in the pudding that I am getting better, getting stronger and getting faster.

I could keep beating myself up, or I can quit bitchin' and take the lousy along with the awesome days, and use them both to learn from to make me into the best athlete I can be.

It's all in how ya spin it...
There.  You saw it here folks...I just kicked myself in the ass.




No comments: