Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Different Gift


Instead of presents this year, I decided to do something a little different.

If it is one thing I have realized, I would not be where I am right now without my family and friends.  They wouldn't let me fall; and if I did slip they were right there to catch me, pick me back up and kick me in the ass if need be.  I would not have made it through these several months if it wasn't for them.

And I also realized that not everyone has that.  There are many out there on their own; some thriving, some struggling.

I thought this year instead of gifts, I would give someone what you all have given me. Opportunity.

It was through running and sport that I was able to find unbelievable friendships, courage, and strength.  On this Christmas Morning, I would like you to know that a gift has been given in your honor to RunningWorks.

I can't say thank you enough for helping me get up on my own two feet.  It's because of you that I can help someone else get on theirs.

Wishing you warmth, love and a very Merry Christmas.




No comments: