Monday, December 8, 2014

I think I found my niche.


Coach Sarah had me do a 1-mile time trial last week.  Why?  Um....good question.  I don't rightly know the answer to that.  She said "we" are doing one and I said okay because I basically do everything Coach Sarah tells me to do :)  (you would too.  have you seen her arms??  #gunshow)

I have not actually done one of these before.  I think they are used to base pacing estimates to determine/reach time goals for each race distance.  Anyway.  I 'm not writing a blog post on the ins and outs of mile time trials.  I'm writing to tell you that I think I found my next challenge.

After my time trial, I think I have shown some promise in the distance.  Now, I wouldn't be breaking any records like the elites did at the world championships last week, but I think that if there were age groups, I might could be a Beer Mile contender!

Now I just need to learn how to chug a beer.

The training cycle will begin soon, but I gotta build up my "base" first....

Or should we dare to be different and start something completely new.

Like the Mezcal Mile...

(better have a pull up bar at the finish line...)







No comments: