Friday, March 6, 2015

Were you aware?


I don't watch much "real-time" tv anymore.  I LOVE tv, but I simply don't have the time between the day job, the weekend job, school work and this triathlon thing.  So when I watch tv, it's usually recordings or neflix streams of my favorite shows.  Since my divorce I'm no longer forced to sit and watch FoxNews and I'm never home in time to watch the evening news, nor can I stay up to catch the late news. So maybe I'm just out of touch.  (I do like this itsy bitsy world I've created in my own little bubble.  We all stay pretty happy in here for the most part...)

But I do read a lot of news alerts and daily headlines for my real job, so the fact that I heard not even a whisper surprised me.  Maybe it will surprise you too, or like I said maybe I'm just out of touch.

Were you aware that the trial of Dzhokar Tsarvaev started this past Wednesday?  You remember Dzhokar.  He and his brother thought it a great idea to place two pressure cooker bombs at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.  You notice I'm not using "alleged."  Dzhokar's lawyer said yes, he did it.  That fact isn't in dispute, they all admit it.  The why and how he came to do it is really what is in question, basically to save him from the ultimate penalty.  But I'm not here writing to get all political or discuss legal mumbo jumbo.

Yesterday was the first full day of witness testimonies. I was reading some of the accounts and it immediately took me back to that day.  It's not that I had forgotten, but the mental images of the pictures and news reports played like a slideshow in my mind.  And it forced me to truly remember.

I urge you to remember.  I urge you to read the testimonies, to view new images and footage.

I urge you to go run.  Any distance, a quarter mile, a mile, whatever, and be thankful for the feet that carry you and the heart that propels you forward, to keep moving, to keep dreaming.

And if you have people in your life, I urge you to hug them or squeeze their hand....somehow let them know how important they are to you and that your life is better with them in it.

#runforyou
#runforthem
#runforboston


No comments: