Saturday, February 25, 2012

Some Thoughts and Food: Salad a la leftovers

I had a GREAT run this morning, thanks for asking!  

So, as you may have noticed from the weird title, this is a little combo blog entry with a small update and a Food for Thought entry.

I've had to lay off the training for the past couple weeks due to an ouchy and overworked left forefoot.  Which is REALLY bad for me since that is my most comfortable foot strike.  AND it's doubly bad since I have to lay off my new snazzy (AND FREAKING FAST!) shoes for a time...which makes me sad.  We have added on to my name and am now known as Little Lung who Runs with Bum Foot.  I do, however, expect to will definitely resume training come Monday.

Side note...why is it I get named when I'm either sick or injured?  Why can't it be when I got it going on like a ninja?  T. Van Vooooo, I'm talking to you!

So, with my lack of activity, I have been stuffing my face.  A Lot.  And I'm getting a little squishy.  A few hours after my great run (7.8 miles on the Dreadmill in 75 minutes, thank you very much), it's time for lunch.  But, pickin's in the good 'ol Frigidaire is gettin' a bit slim (crap.  time to get to the grocery).  Of course there was the easy yummy stuff, but I didn't want to undo all the do that I did by doing the stuff I'm not supposed to do (hahaha, yes, I'm laughing at myself for the do/don't/doing do wa diddy).

Yes.  That is a mixing bowl.
You'll find nothing but class here...
And then my kitchen illuminated from the suns of the heavens and the angels sang as I reached for some leftover baby spinach, leftover grilled salmon from the dinner I had last night at the Brickhouse Tavern, sliced some strawberries I happened to buy during the week for no apparent reason other than they looked good at the time, a little feta cheese and a bit of chopped walnuts I keep on hand for the occasional bowl of oatmeal.  Add some (fat free) balsamic vinaigrette and viola!  Yummy, tasty, filling and has GOT to clock in around 300 calories.  

Booyah people, Boo. Yah.



p.s. 
a BIG shout out to my friend Jyl who is running the Princess Half Marathon this weekend.  Yea.  She's pretty awesome  :)

2 comments:

robogranny said...

YUM!

Melanie said...

Mixing bowls are the best for Salads. YUM.