Thursday, October 25, 2012

Something's been missing

It's no secret that I'm getting ready to run my first marathon this weekend (see previous post).  Every once in a while, I have mentioned training, but you may have noticed I have not giving "updates" like I did when getting ready for the Flying Pirate half marathon back in April.  It's not that I haven't wanted to share, but there are only so many times you might want to read, "I ran today," because my friends, when you are training for a marathon, your life basically consists of a combination of three things,

  • eat
  • run/cross train
  • sleep

and then, the rest of life's little pleasures like working and such, you fit in around those 3 basic elements.

Now I will recap 16 weeks of marathon training in one swoop .....










And there you have it.
It's been the longest, yet fastest, 16 weeks I've ever experienced.
Let the carb load commence.

Oorah.

No comments: