Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Today, I have no words for Wednesday

No words that can offer encouragement, motivation or inspiration anyway.  Instead I can only offer a few thoughts.

Life is precious.  Life can be way to short.  Life can be unforgiving and it can be wonderful.

Your life is what you make it.

But what if you only had four days?

What if you had only four days to live a lifetime?  To learn the love of a mother and father.  To know what it means to have a sister.  To know the sun.  To begin to crawl, learn to walk........to run.

What if you only had four days?

To my two dear friends,
I know your hearts are heavy and I have no way to offer comfort.  I have no words that can make it even slightly easier to bear.

And to their dearest little one,
You were and will continue to be cherished by the most loving and giving parents.  And though I never met you, and even in your four days, you have taught me a lifetime of lessons and reminded me that every day is a gift.




No comments: