Friday, February 20, 2015

Snowdays

Or I think in our case, it's more like Icedays.

Whichever term you'd like to apply, the result is the same.  No sunshine, no warmth, well it leaves us a little bit uninspired this week; at least for me anyway.  I know this past week I've been in hibernation just trying to stay warm.  If it did not involve the combination of my couch, my blanket, my dog and my space heater I wanted no part of it!  

Of course, the little shit hogs the space
heater
But gosh darn it he's cute!

And then I realized something.  It hasn't really been just this week.  I've been a livin' on the quiet side of things since the New Year.  It's not that I haven't been doing things...I've been having swim bike (er...spin) run fun, keeping my date with my yoga mat on Wednesday mornings, full time work, my part time gig, and then there is school.... 

There's been some cool fun things happening, races raced and Thirsty Thursdays too.  So why haven't I written?  I honestly don't know.  Maybe it's just been the off season.  And in the off season, we all build our bases, right?  Maybe the same thing goes for writing?  As the weeks go by, we are building up our stories and our thoughts so when the time comes, we're ready.  I'm going to go with that theory.  Because as the weather breaks and my training picks up, so does my mood and my desire to write, about anything...not just about training and racing.

So, the funk stops here.  Tomorrow we've got the first road race of the season.  Am I ready?  Who knows.  It's going to be cold as......well it's going to be cold.  This is a training/test race to see where my pacing is at before my half marathon in March.  Coach Sarah asked how I was feeling about it.  I told her that I was trying not to think about it too much; to just go in relaxed and let 'er rip.  I'm going back to the strategy I implemented late last season.  We'll see how it goes.

And then I'm going to eat pancakes.  

** I'm going to leave you with one last picture, because honestly, how can this not make you smile!

That face....
It takes away all the bad.



No comments: