Some of my co-workers and my mother don't particularly like Meredith. I will admit that she does get on my nerves sometimes. But, what makes her character so great, is that she is the embodiment of the "dark and twisty" in all of us. And it is just as Alex had said, "Meredith always makes me think - screwed up people have a chance." It's true. We cheer for her because there is a little piece of each one of us in her. Now, some may contribute more pieces than others.........
I can't get into the whole episode (since I have just recently recovered!) but I will give some of my highlights:
- Derek telling off Meredith's mother.
- Addison demanding Derek to pull it together.
- Christina going on a shopping spree at the 99 cent store and then showing Joe her goodies while coping (getting hammered)
- Burke telling Christina to be there to say goodbye to her friend.
- Callie should have hit Izzie.
- The Chief saying goodbye to Ellis Grey.
- Ellis finally telling her daughter that she was anything but ordinary.
Now, these are only a few points. The entire episode was great. The entire arc was superb. Way to go Shonda and the rest of the Grey's Anatomy crew for an AMAZING ride! Because I said this and I completely adore all of you, I can say:
I BEG YOU. NO SPIN OFF.
And that will conclude this edition of seriously hope. Now, I don't think there is a new episode this week, but I'm sure I'll find something to talk about! I hope you'll join me!