Sunday, February 11, 2007

Walk on Water (part I)

First I'd like to say that thanks to my beloved husband for being so very gracious and understanding, and an angel this weekend. Without complaint or opposition, he has driven me, my big brother and sister-in-law to Atlanta and back safely within twenty-four hours. He allowed me to see family that I haven't seen, as my uncle had put it, since I was knee high to a grasshopper. On that note, I would like to tell the Dunlap family how happy I am that I was able to see you all this weekend (and meet some of you for the very first time), and I hope we really do stay in touch!

Now I would like to thank ABC for showing newly aired episodes on the internet. Since my VCR had eluded me once again, I was in a panic. And then it came to me at 7:30 this morning. ABC.com. I quietly crawled out of bed, grabbed my lap top and made my way to the living room with my coffee cup. So, while Kevin, Gabbi, and Bailee slept, I indulged in my guilty pleasure.

Again, this was one of those episodes that evoked multiple emotions in a very short period of time. And this was only part one of a three episode arc. I don't know if my heart can handle the other two hours!

I'm really not going to go into Meredith's issues. I've been on an emotional roller coaster ride all weekend, and this did not help. Did she really mean to end it in the bath tub? What if Derek didn't come into the bathroom? Would she finally come up for air? Or was this some kind of glimpse into her future? All that could really come to my mind was the scenes from the Mothman Prophecies when Laura Linney was describing the dream where she "dies", and would have come true at the end if Richard Gere did not take the plunge and dive in after her.

Since there was so much devastation in this episode, let's talk about the cuteness! How cute was the Chief and his hair? How 'bout Christina with the little happy smirk on her face when she was trying to tell Meredith that she and Burke were engaged? And what about Addison, once again showing that Alex may be stirring some feelings within her when she observed him with the woman he pulled out of the water that was about to go into surgery? And Bailey. Gotta love Bailey!!!

Well folks. That will wrap it up for today. I have to go hit the books. Don't forget part 2 will air this Thursday at 9 and LOST is non-stop until the end of the season. I think we have 15 more episodes? So, until next time!!! (p.s. I hope my editor reads this soon. I am infamous about my typos!!!)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hope~
I am so with you on Grey's...I love that show and am an addict!! I was bawiling like a baby at the end of the episode and here we have to wait another week to watch. I CAN'T TAKE IT!

Unknown said...

Maybe it was a tall grasshopper...