Saturday, May 7, 2011

Race Day

So.  Today is the day.  My second "race".  I'm awake, so that's a plus.  I've got my oatmeal cooking, so I've got that going for me.  I have my running shorts on , sneakers laced and Body Glide ready to go.  Hubby is up and out of bed and his coffee awaits.  2 hours 'til the start...and how do I feel?

Excited and nervous, and a bit apprehensive.  I know I can finish, I proved that to myself a month ago.  So why am I so worried about it?  Is it all about beating my PR? Maybe. I can't quite put my finger on it.  Hopefully after a few more races under my belt, this uncertainty will go away, but until then I will just try to go with it, eat my oatmeal and be happy.

An hour until we leave.  Hopefully that's enough time to figure out this timing contraption I have to put on my sneaker.....

Will it be under 30 today?  We shall see....Town Day.  Be There!

No comments: