Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Time flies.....

I happened to look at my Google calendar and almost had a panic attack. Just as soon as I got used to the In-between (and loving it!), this "10K Madness" training starts in five days. FIVE! Inconcievable. That means only one more run-whatever-the-heck-I-want-too day left! I am beginning to question this decision. Seriously, what in the world was I thinking?! Am I going to be able to handle this Fartlek thing? Can I really increase my speed and do I really want to? I'm kinda liking my turtle speed right now. Hill training? WTF. Am I sane?

Regardless of all the questions and hesitation I have right now, bottom line...I got myself into this, now I have to finish it. I've already put my money down and opened my mouth; and since I said I was going to do it, I have to follow through. I'll keep reminding myself this will bring me one step closer to running the Boilermaker in July 2012 with Mr. Cross Country Runner Extrodinarre, otherwise known as my nephew, Adam (and any other Dunlaps and relations that may want join in the torture fun).

While I still question my sanity, training starts with an easy 3 on Monday. The bright side? That's pretty much what we've been doing already, so that's a plus. Bad news, the following Monday is a 4 mile Fartlek. Once I figure out what that is, I'll let you know.

Wish me luck...and stay tuned. This might be entertaining...

No comments: